DIYBMS v4

Its warmer where you are than the UK, that’s for sure!

Yes Stuart, ambient temperature here in Nigeria is about 32°C midday

1 Like

Good to see diyBMS is travelling the world!

3 Likes

hi Stuart
For some 310Ah Lifepo4 batteries that I just bought, I am thinking of putting 2 or 3 modules per cell to triple the discharge capacity, going from 850mAh to 2.4Ah. does it make sense, or is it a nonsense?

It should work, although they may fight over each other as the voltage changes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Connections for ext temperature sensor

2 posts were split to a new topic: Optoisolator U2

While my PCBs are not here yet, i have installed the firmware to the controller (Wemos D1 mini) and while the router see the DIY BMS controller (after given the user and password from the internet at 192.168.4.1), i can not log in yet with his ip adres shown in the router. Is it really necesary to have it plugged in in the controller to be able to log in??Schermafbeelding 2021-02-27 om 20.40.37

Hello from newbie,

First of all i would like to say thank you for such a great project which makes me excited. İ have completed payment jlcpcb 30 v4.2 modules and 5 controller. İ programmed controller and it works fine but due to pandemic i couldn’t get usbasp programmers for modules. İs there any change to program modules over d1 mini? Or any other advise? İ searched over internet but may be unlucky couldn’t find.

Thanks for all.

You could try programming an arduino, I’m not sure it can be done but you can investigate it, surely there is a lot of literature about it on the net I located this

1 Like

Hi all, I have since the beginning of 2020 the DIYBMS v4 in use, which was the first version that could be assembled via JLCPCB. In March I have loaded the controller with version 4.2, so I still have the white GUI. Now I wanted to update the controller. Do I have to update the boards as well?
By the way, the BMS runs like a charm, thanks again Stuart for the development :+1:

Yes, the latest code is a major change, so both module boards and controller need upgrading. The instructions are in GITHUB.

1 Like

I’ve just launched a new version of the modules boards - v4.40

Heres a video all about them…

2 Likes

The idea of the included temperature module but that can be separated has seemed brilliant to me. I see that you have changed it to a 10k thermistor that is very easy to obtain and much cheaper than the 47K ohm ones, which I acquired for 4.21. I have already ordered the first 20 to test them. What discharge capacity does the 4.40 850mAh have as the 4.21 or does it have a little more?

CHIP RESISTOR - SURFACE MOUNT 3.3OHMS ±1% 3/4W 1210 ROHS,
4 in series with 4 in parallel gives 3.30 Ohm equivalent resistance
16 resistors provide 16*0.75W=12W of power disipation.
Balance current:

• 1.27A at 4.2V and 5.35W power
  • 1.21A at 4.0V and 4.84W power
  • 1.13A at 3.75V and 4.26W power

I still have 2 controllers and 14 modules over. Only the ATTINY 841 is missing from the modules.
If someone still needs some, I could give them away cheaply.
I wanted to build 2 power banks, but then decided to only use one.
I am from Germany.

SOLD / Verkauft !

U are from ?

Germany
I’ll write that in my first post again, sorry I forgot

U want to sale all ?

yes, i don’t need the parts anymore