DIYBMS v4

there is a bom with the gerber files its a hybrid of 4.21 and v4

i couldnt see a reason in why you woud want to stack more than 26 high, they get very top heavy and unstable if you was to go any higher

Thanks , I just want to know the stack limit if it is documented, even 25 seem to be heavy for the first module.

@stuart

yea i belive it is from the master branch. at the bottom of github page in the readme section under “how to use code” i click on releases link then download the source code.zip for version Release-2021-01-25-14-42

ive tried the reset fuse option in platformIO but not sure if i tried reflashing afterwards.

ill give that a shot and report back

thx

When flashing the latest firmware, do we still need to flash the system image “diybms_controller_filesystemimage_espressif8266_esp8266_d1mini.bin” ? when i tried to flash it it gave an error.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Module temperature in freezing conditions

No, not with the latest version for ESP8266.

Hi @Jon_Coop, if you follow the instructions to program from here [diyBMSv4Code/README.md at master · stuartpittaway/diyBMSv4Code · GitHub] you don’t use Platformio at all.

Just download the “Compiled_Firmware_2021-01-25-14-42.zip” file and follow the above instructions.

Hi
I have place an order to jlpcb for leaf module
I have see it is AZ432ANTR for D1 (nice :slight_smile: )

I have a doubt about what revision need to flash v4.00 or v4.21?

Thanks for this information

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t get the batteries to appear in the browser

If its using the 432 chip, then v4.21 will be the one to use, if its using the LM4040 chip, v4.00.

Thanks Stuart :+1:

Hi Stuart
Thanks a lot
it is the 432 from last bom download 1 week ago on github

I think you have update the schematic but not the revision, so it is confused for me, maybe add v421 on this last leaf pcb can help to avoid mistake in firmware selection?

have a nice day

@GeorgeBoudreau
Hi
Please can you confirm this point on shematic difference between leaf and v421?
Why there is a C2 capacitor on leaf pcb and not on v421 pcb?
They use 432 on both schematic.
I think C2 is required only for LM4040 for better stability, but is it ok to have it with 432 on leaf pcb ?
thanks

Hi @stuart,

I saw the latest update video on yt and I was wondering if the controller board can handle 55 cell module in series or not? Currently I have 55 cell modul from V3 board and I want to upgrade my system.

Thanks,
Adam.

How to get new controller build files? I’m so waiting it to build 72 cell battery at one controller

They have not yet been released, as I’m waiting for the final test boards to arrive.

The existing design copes with up to 100 modules though

1 Like

Hi, what chemistry is that, what voltage are you running at?

18650 Li-ion 198VDC nominal. 55S20P

But currently supported only 64 modules, 4x16. Or im wrong?