Did manual update to 9.9.9 beta emoncms no database update like earlier

Thanks a lot to further put info on it I did upgrading as guided here it mentions step to pull by executing git clone https://github.com/emoncms/emoncms.git emoncms_new, kindly guide me should I rollback to other version and any information to make it operate as steadily with needed features

You should be able to just switch branches by running

git checkout stable

in the emoncms folder.

@pb66 I did that but it shows version 9.9.9 beta is that fine on stable or I should re check same

No that doesn’t sound like the git checkout stable is working, what does the output say when you issue that command?

the stable version is 9.9.8. The “beta” signifies it is the master branch, hence 9.9.9 beta is the work in progress before getting merged into stable, at which time it will become 9.9.9 (no beta).

You can post the output of the git checkout here, you could also do another git pull and post that output so we can see more of what’s going on.

Can you confirm you have changed the name of the emoncms_new folder to emoncms and renamed or deleted the original emoncms as per the guide you linked? Just to confirm that we are not perhaps working on one emoncms instance and viewing another.

@pb66 I have attached image here, it does clone but in version.txt it shows 9.9.9 beta

git checkout stable

It will always clone master because master is the repo’s default branch, once cloned you must switch to stable using git checkout stable.

@pb66 I already used git checkout stable

Were you in the /var/www/emoncms/ folder?

Can you post the output of

git status

. . . and what was the output? It cannot of worked if you are still on master!

img

@pb66 I also suspect unless the Modules are updated, there will be problems moving from the previous version.

@aruneshdutta, you can just select the text in the terminal window and paste it here rather than a screenshot. We need all the output.

No he was in emoncms_new, that’s why I asked about how far he had got with switching the repo folders (different to switching branches). I think he is viewing emoncms “a” whilst pulling and checking out emncms “B”.

I see what the issue is!

You have installed emoncms_new INSIDE emoncms NOT alongside emoncms as per the guide. You need to move emoncms_new up one level so it is in /var/www/html

@pb66 I was in emoncms folder I simply did pull but strange the new folder file with version.text shows 9.9.9 beta how to get over it

Also to mention I had moved emoncms_new but main thing is the cloned folder contains version.txt with 9.9.9 beta,let me know if anything wrong

If you go into that folder (emoncms_new), do a git checkout stable, the file will change.

However, I’d actually recommend you just update that main emoncms folder rather than do an emoncms_new folder as if you have any Modules installed, you would need to reinstall them. Those instructions you found are more relevant to upgrading from a much earlier version.

Can you do

git -C /var/www/html/emoncms status

Hightlight the output (if using PuTTY it will automatically be copied into the clipboard) and paste it into a reply please (rather than a screenshot).

NOTE you may need to update some modules. Can you paste the output from

ls -la /var/www/html/emoncms/Modules

please.

for

git -C /var/www/html/emoncms status

On branch stable
Untracked files:
  (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)

emoncms_backup.sql
        emoncms_new/
        scripts/logger/logrotate.conf.old
        scripts/logger/logrotate.old
        settings.php.save

and for ls -la /var/www/html/emoncms/Modules

drwxrwxr-x 15 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 15 10:20 .
drwxrwxr-x 10 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 15 12:46 ..
drwxrwxr-x  3 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 15 11:22 admin
drwxrwxr-x  7 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Dec  1 03:47 app
drwxrwxr-x  7 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Dec  1 03:47 dashboard
drwxrwxr-x  6 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Dec  1 03:47 device
drwxrwxr-x  3 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 15 10:20 eventp
drwxrwxr-x  5 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 15 11:22 feed
drwxrwxr-x  6 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Dec  1 03:47 graph
drwxrwxr-x  4 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 15 11:22 input
drwxrwxr-x  4 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 15 11:22 process
drwxrwxr-x  4 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 15 10:20 schedule
drwxrwxr-x  2 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 15 10:20 time
drwxrwxr-x  5 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 15 10:20 user
drwxrwxr-x  6 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 15 10:20 vis

I have just realised that you may be running an EmonSD image so my advice might be incorrect.

Could you please do

ls -la ~/

and paste the output.

It’s all fixed with repull initial pull did created some confusion, all settled

1 Like