/demandshaper--/ instead of /demandshaper/

Hi I have a Raspberry Pi running ICM solar monitoring, and emoncms.

Starting the demandshaper service with
systemctl status demandshaper.service
gives

demandshaper.service - Emoncms Demandshaper service
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/demandshaper.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2023-05-02 00:21:09 SAST; 23s ago
       Docs: https://github.com/emoncms/demandshaper/blob/master/readme.md
    Process: 836 ExecStart=/usr/bin/php /opt/emoncms/modules/demandshaper--/demandshaper_run.php (code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION)
   Main PID: 836 (code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION)

Trying /usr/bin/php /opt/emoncms/modules/demandshaper/demandshaper_run.php
results in

Could not open input file: /opt/emoncms/modules/demandshaper/demandshaper_run.php

And /usr/bin/php /opt/emoncms/modules/demandshaper--/demandshaper_run.php

PHP Warning:  require(/opt/emoncms/modules/demandshaper/lib/scheduler2.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/emoncms/modules/demandshaper--/demandshaper_run.php on line 31
PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/opt/emoncms/modules/demandshaper/lib/scheduler2.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /opt/emoncms/modules/demandshaper--/demandshaper_run.php on line 31

Probably because -
ls /opt/emoncms/modules/
backup-- demandshaper-- postprocess-- sync-- usefulscripts

So question is - should those directories have β€˜β€“β€™ at the end? I dont think I changed them.
If I rename them to remove – then everything fails.

How do I recover without losing my feeds and data? Strangely enough all Services are running excepting demandshaper and emonPiLCD , and I don’t yet have devices other than the Pi connecting to Solar inverter

How did you install emoncms?

Emoncms was auto installed by ICM image

I have no idea what that is, but it is probably the issue.

I eventually solved this by renaming every directory to remove the β€˜β€“β€™ and ran the Update Emoncms Only , and demandshaper now working with no errors

1 Like