Dashboard Viewing problem after update

Hi

I have recently updated emoncms. I have to use git pull as I have a non standard setup with Node Red installed on a different server. Browser shows low-write 9.7.8 | 2016.11.10

I have an issue with just one dashboard. It is set public and published. I no longer get a response when I click on it. It just hangs with ??.??.46.160 took too long to respond. The other 6 work fine. If I go to set up and click the edit button it opens immediately and is up to date. If I then close edit and try opening it again it works until I close the browser tab.
I am using chrome. Is there anywhere in a log where I can see what is going on?

Hi Ian

Did you also update the dashboard and graph modules? depending on how long since your last update there may have been changes to the way feeds and/or graphs are referenced from dashboards. you may need to run “update database” on the admin page.

Hi Paul

I did run “update database” .

Do I have to do a specific git pull to update the dashboard and graph modules and if so how?

I could do an update from administration if needed and make the changes I need in settings.php. I am aware that settings.php might be changed in some way but a compare to default.settings.php did not show anything of significance. One thing I did see is that I have redis enabled and default is disabled. Should I disable it?

As a quick thought I just rebooted the Pi. The log shows

2016-12-02 17:26:42.208|WARN|feed_model.php|Feed model: Requested feed does not exist feedid=26
2016-12-02 17:28:01.846|WARN|feed_model.php|Feed model: Requested feed does not exist feedid=24
2016-12-02 17:28:06.947|WARN|feed_model.php|Feed model: Requested feed does not exist feedid=24

What could cause that and could it be the cause of the problem

Ian

You shouldn’t need to.

Yes you need to do a “git pull” for the emoncms/Modules/dashboard and emoncms/Modules/graph folders.

eg assuming emoncms is installed to /var/www/emoncms then

git -C /var/www/emoncms/Modules/dashboard pull
git -C /var/www/emoncms/Modules/graph pull

Do feeds 24 and 26 exist?
if so what type of feed are they?

Hi Paul

Pulled the Dashboards and Graphs. Also realised mising feeds came from sensor that died but were still included in a multigraph so edited them out.

Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. As the dashboard giving trouble only contained a single multigraph I created a new dashboard. That loaded without problems so I deleted the faulty dashboard and every thing is now working perfectly again.

Are there any other modules that need explicit git pulls to keep complete system up to date?

Ian

Without knowing what additional modules you have installed, it’s difficult to answer, but it’s any which were installed by using ‘git clone …’
If you look at the emoncms git repos, you can see which are individually installed modules which require ‘git pulls’ to update, and also when the repo was last updated.
For example - dashboard was last updated 3 days ago (as at 3/12/16).
You can also select ‘watch’ from within the individual repos, to get an email alert of when it has changed.

Paul