Daemon is not running - EmonPi

Hello Guys

I decided to move to R-Pi from windows and got the Pi going but now it get the following error in the Admin page:

Writer Daemon is not running, start it at ~/scripts/feedwriter

When I try to muanlly start the daemon with :
sudo php /var/www/emoncms/scripts/feedwriter.php

I get the following two errors :

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method PHPFiwa::post_bulk_prepare() in /var/www/emoncms/Modules/feed/engine/RedisBuffer.php on line 213

Fatal error: Call to undefined method PHPFiwa::post_bulk_prepare() in /var/www/emoncms/Modules/feed/engine/RedisBuffer.php on line 213

Here is a Screen shot of the Admin Page

Where can I look to find what is tripping emonpi I suspect that it has something to do with the input feeds.

Best regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

You should be able to restart the feedwriter using the OS tools. I suspect you’re using the latest emonSD image in which case you should be able to run:

sudo systemctl restart feedwriter.service

If that doesn’t work, do

sudo systemctl status feedwriter.service

and post the result here.

Bruce

Hello Bruce

Thank You for the response. I remember attempting to restart the service, but also got an error. I eventually gave up and reset the emonpi again and started from scratch and the error was gone. The only thing that I can think that could have had an impact was the fact that I restored my Win - emon server MYSQL and data. Running in low write is suspected that something in the sql was not happy with that plan.
Another thing that “helped” was disabling low write and redis in the settings page.

Since then, I have created an HDD boot with emon Pi. Should I now disable low write? Are there any performance advantages if I stay with low write mode on emonpi?

Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

OK, not worth debugging further then :slight_smile:

There shouldn’t be any performance penalty or advantage to using low-write mode.

Bruce

Yes I agree not worth pursuing.

Paul