I’d like to set up an OEM system in my house and garage (in the UK), but the situation is a little unusual:
- I have solar PV but the panels are on the garage roof, not the house roof.
- The garage is connected to the house by an underground cable. The main supply fuse and meter are in the house.
- The garage is about 15m from the consumer unit at the far side of the house. The house is old, with thick brick walls, and it’s very unlikely that a 433MHz signal would make it between the two locations.
- The garage has wired and wireless internet, thanks to a fibre I had buried alongside the mains connection.
- I would like to add an OpenEVSE in the garage within the next year.
I definitely want monitoring in both the house and the garage, so that I can monitor overall import/export as well as generated PV power. The obvious combination of EmonPi in the house and EmonTX in the garage is unlikely to work because of the distance involved. Is there anything that can do a job like the EmonTX but just publish MQTT messages? (Assuming the EmonPi is a broker, and can gather data in this way?)
Any advice gratefully received.