Community
OpenEnergyMonitor

OpenEnergyMonitor Community

Accessing the OpenEvse OS

@glyn.hudson

I’m trying to access the OpenEvse OS so I can install the remote.it connection application.

When I do ssh ‘[email protected]’ from another RPi on the same network, I get …

ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.112 port 22: Connection refused

Of course I can when on site just browse to 192.168.1.112 and get the openevse set up pages.

Thinking it maybe a problem of public access keys - when I try to copy across keys, I get the same connection refusal …

/usr/bin/ssh-copy-id: ERROR: ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.112 port 22: Connection refused

Am I being naive and expecting to do the impossible?

Hello @johnbanks if its a standard OpenEvse, it will be based on either ESP8266 or ESP32 hardware which is running basic firmware rather than a full blown OS. It’s not possible to SSH etc unfortunately. I use dataplicity running on my emonBase to provide remote access that then controls the OpenEVSE via the demandshaper, but it doesn’t give you the actual OpenEVSE interface of course…

@TrystanLea
Thx for that.
It’s prompted me to dig deeper into remote.it’s capability …
Now from an RPi running emon with remote.it also installed, I can browse to the OpenEvse IP address and access the set up pages.
And do it remotely from my Windows laptop :slight_smile:
That in some measure compensates for the inconvenience of there being no Mobile App for OpenEvse set up.

1 Like

Great! Does remote.it work ok with images etc now? I seem to recall an issue with paths not being correct?

@TrystanLea
I have no problem with images using remote.it.
For example, OpenEvse set up opens up remotely exactly as it does when I’m on site.

1 Like

That’s good to hear, I need to try out remote.it, sounds great!

@TrystanLea
And their Fair Use policy means that you can have several devices for free.
Dataplicity is just one device free as you know.