10.1.5 to 10.2.1- now TimeStoreDaily charts not showing on dashboards

I have just updated my stock emoncms pi from version 10.1.5 to 10.2.1 using the “full update” button on the admin page. Now the timestoredaily charts are not showing on my dashboards. I have checked the forums and couldn’t find any similar reports so thinking something has gone wrong at my end.

If I’m looking at a public dashboard, not logged in, it shows a small emoncms login window in the place of the chart. If I’m logged in it shows nothing. I thought this could be a permissions issue with the feeds, but I have the little globe icon next to each of the feeds (which doesn’t seem to switch anymore when clicking them…)

I have tried all the usuals, reseting Safari, clearing browser cache, tried in Brave (chromium based) etc. Rebooted the Pi (after 400 days of uptime). Tried to modify the dashboard and add a new timestoredaily chart, it still doesn’t display.

I’ve attached emonpoiupdate.log, all seemed to look fairly normal to me except for this bit

Reading package lists...
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://dl.bintray.com stable Release: The following signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1564088422 KEYEXPIRED 1564088422 KEYEXPIRED 1564088422

W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://repo.mosquitto.org jessie InRelease: The following signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1515017477 KEYEXPIRED 1515017477 KEYEXPIRED 1515017477

W: Failed to fetch http://repo.mosquitto.org/debian/dists/jessie/InRelease  

W: Failed to fetch http://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo/dists/stable/Release  

W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
Reading package lists...

Does anyone have any ideas they may be able to throw my way?

Thanks

emonpiupdate.txt (45.4 KB)

You are clearly running a system that started a very long time ago :slightly_smiling_face:.

Debian Jessie is now out of support (repos may well have gone) so your best bet is to start with a fresh emonSD image and SD Card, then import your system via USB.

Your problem may well persist, but it is very difficult to fix on old base systems.

[edit]
I noticed this

Failed to fetch http://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo/dists/stable/Release

The new image does not have openhab or Node-RED on it so if you use those you need to consider the update path.

Thanks Brian, I didn’t even pick up that was the old version linux. Yes, would be a few years old. Started at version 8.something if I remember right. I have only ever used the base functionality emoncms, ie. recording feeds and self created dashboards for displaying data so I should be right there.

Downloading emonSD-17Oct19 image now, perfect project for a lockdown easter!

I’m guessing it would be good practice to do this is every year or two?

1 Like

When a new base Debian is employed and an image created for it, then yes.

Hmmmm. So I wrote a fresh image of emonSD-17Oct19 to a new card. I eventually got the USB import to work and imported all previous data, unfortunately the timestoredaily graphs still didn’t work…

So I wrote the fresh image again to the card and rather than importing my old data I just created a new account and pointed one of my nodes to it to get some test data. I created 2 new feeds, usage and usageKwhd.

I created a test dashboard with a dial, a feed value and timestoredaily graph and sure enough the graph wouldn’t show. Not even the DWMY buttons just a blank box???

I’m not sure what to do now, perhaps can someone on 10.2.1 can confirm that their TimeStoreDaily graphs are working?

In the mean time I’ve worked out how to roll back to 10.1.5 using the command
git checkout 56e42ebda523532c2ce76c7c7a606286134993ce
and graphs are now showing.

EDIT. I’ve played around using git checkout to try different versions and can confirm that 10.1.11 works but 10.2 doesn’t.

Hello @rob1

Looks like I mistakenly commented out the definition for the timestore daily visualisation in an update about 3 months ago. I’ve uncommented it now, and pushed the fix to the emoncms master branch. Im not sure if you are running the emoncms master branch or stable, you could try the following to bring in the update:

cd /var/www/emoncms
git checkout master
git pull origin master

I will transfer this to stable in due time. So it will be available via the standard update mechanism soon.

For your old SD card, the timestore database is really deprecated now. It is possible to convert Timestore data to the PHPFina engine that is better supported with this script usefulscripts/phptimestore_to_phpfina.php at master · emoncms/usefulscripts · GitHub. You can install and run this script with the following steps:

cd
git clone https://github.com/emoncms/usefulscripts
cd usefulscripts/convertdata
sudo php phptimestore_to_phpfina.php

It’s been a long time since I ran this script so I hope it still works!

The data export/import does not support the TimeStore feed engine so you will need to convert the data on your old SD card before importing it across.

Hi Trystan,

Awesome, I’ll try out master branch soon. How do I switch back to stable afterwards? Possibly something like this?

git checkout stable
git pull origin stable 

My kWh/d Feeds are PHPTIMESERIES (see below). Am I right to think PHPTIMESERIES is also depreciated and I should run
sudo php phptimeseries_to_phpfina.php
to try and convert the feeds?

Thanks

No your feeds are all fine and using the latest feed engines. Its just the visualisation timestore daily that is depreciated in this case. So no need to do any data conversion. Can you use the bargraph visualisation with the PHPTimeSeries feeds instead?

I just tried using a standard bargraph with the PHPTimeSeries and it worked fine. Just had to keep “Delta” off as I guess the feed is stored as a daily total already…

I feel like going forward though I probably should be following the recommended way (as shown in the manual) of using the “Power to kWh” input processor and store it in a PHPFINA Feed?

Up to you. If you are happy with the PHPTimeSeries method then feel free to keep using it. Both PHPTimeSeries and PHPFina are on long term support.