Daikin Heat Pump ESPAltherma / HomeAssistant installer bundle for emoncms

@John Thanks for the reply, work got in the way this past week… My core drill lost a battle with a concrete wall…

In response:

1. Yes, 0/1 vs ON/OFF is independant of transmission mode - I didn’t feel the need to make it any more complicated. I could include setup.h in converter.h to bring BOOLNUM from there possibly.
  2. I didn’t really understand the purpose of mqttSerial, so in https.h I just used the regular Serial print. Is this an issue do you think?
    3.agreed, yes.

On the list for EmonCMS requirements (without MQTT), I agree with your observation of what needs to be defined. The ONEVAL_ONETOPIC is a good catch. If that is defined then the ‘#else’ after it isn’t caught (main.cpp line 78) so the jsonbuff/jsonbuffhttps are not populated.

I have added a section in my readme to make the EmonCMS definition requirements all clear

An EMONCMS define could deal with defining BOOLNUM, HTTPS, not-MQTT in one go, but I’d struggle with ONEVAL_ONETOPIC as that my need to be controlled independantly if someone else wanted to use that (i.e. in the case that EMONCMS was not defined, and they wanted to define ONEVAL_ONETOPIC).

I’ve had this compiled and it runs (on my desk, not in a heat pump) whenever my computer is on and it seems to be giving me the wifi strength, battery and memory reliably.

This looks like exactly what I’m after! If this can just get me “flow rate” directly into emonCMS I’ll have what I need for my heat pump monitoring.
I’ve tried HA and not really got on with it so far, whereas emonCMS just works for me.

1 Like

@scanfer let me know if you need any help, I’ve not yet run this on any of my clients’ heat pump yet

1 Like

Thanks Phil. I’m green on these coding aspects (but have managed to get an M5stickplus2 sending values to HA).
Please could you be a bit more explicit on what I need to change in these files:

• in converters.h, BOOLNUM needs to be defined - this means that rather than ON or OFF being sent, the data is 0 or 1 which is what EMONCMS is expecting
  • in setup.h, HTTPS needs to be defined, as well as MQTT not being defined
  • also in setup.h, ONETOPIC_ONEVAL should not be defined.
  • APIKEY and NODE also need to be defined with your own values

TIA

Hi @scanfer
If you’ve managed to make the HA bit work then you’ve presumably got as far as being in plaformio and compiling the cose to the M5 device, well done so far.

You’ll need to go to my pull request in github and download that, rather than the main program from Raomin.

As regards the steps needed for making it go direct to emoncms then what you’ve posted back is the summary. To be more explicit:

• in converters.h, BOOLNUM needs to be defined - this means that rather than ON or OFF being sent, the data is 0 or 1 which is what EMONCMS is expecting

remove the two slashes to uncomment #define BOOLNUM (you should see the text change colour.

*setup.h - uncomment (remove slashes)

*setup.h - keep commented i.e. leave the slashes here:

*setup.h - put your own emoncms read/write API key in place of the space. NODE you can choose what you like e.g. you could call it “HeatPump” etc.

I hope that helps

1 Like

Fantastic, just what I need thanks!

Now getting values into EmonCMS…

1 Like

Only issue seems to be the 3 port flag, I’m not seeing this getting picked up to identify the water heating.
Any ideas?
Pleased to get this working prior to some plumbing improvements to help flow and maybe cop. Cold week coming up to get some good baseline data too!

@scanfer presumably you have asked for that in the list of data to send. I don’t see it in the screenshot above.
Do you have any of the 0/1 data that would have been ON/OFF in the normal HA/MQTT version?

@Phil_E I’m using “3way valveOn”, firstly I should check that it’s the correct one to use to detect DHW?
It’s showing as zero in emonCMS Data Viewer since logging started on saturday.

is the one I’d expect to be used.

I’m sure you’ve had a hot water cycle since Saturday… but worth asking?!

When you used it with MQTT/HA would it give you any “ON” periods? (i.e. is it my BOOLNUM code that’s not working or something else maybe)

1 Like

Checked I’m looking at the correct 3 way valve signal, I’ll have to get back to you on the MQTT in HA though!
Thanks